Margrave's Place
Top of Page
Romans 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Dark Times

   This is just not a good time. I have grown to hate this world, and the people thereof. I don’t care for my home situation, my job, nor the direction of technology in general.

   I cannot help, but wonder. How can I escape. Is there an escape. When I close my eyes truly there is not, but blackness. The absence of light encompasses me greatly.

   It’s as though I need to scream; however, I have no mouth. I no longer can create sounds. The futility of my noises has grown too heavy.

1 comments:

Scott Mantooth said...

remember the world does not vanish when you close your eyes. we do live in a dark time this much is true but there is still hope for better things... not being pollyannaish here as you know my own situation and that i've struggled with severe non medicated depression for a considerable length of time. i see the darkness you speak of and there are days that i can literally taste it and want to scream "Enough!" but consider the possibilities of what might happen next. i also understand the futility you feel to some degree, circumstances are different naturally but like you i also feel trapped in a room where my creativity has no means of expression and the menial jobs i have only promote brain atrophy. i could be a lot more depressed than i am, and trust me, most of the time i'm only moments away from going to very, very dark places in my brain...but i know the signs when i see them so i can take an alternate path down a different rabbit hole. for now my situation is what it is...this storm is has been building for a long time and i know who controls the seas...i just have to trust HIM to give me the strength to do that.